Whether it’s changing a light bulb or installing a new business critical asset there is an associated health and safety risk. At DPP we’ve identified the risks involved in the 55,000 tasks we complete every year and train our engineers to protect their own and others’ safety.
Our health and safety commitments:
- Everyone in our business has a responsibility for health and safety, whether they are an engineer working on site or a manager ensuring the best practices of their team.
- We strive to go further than compliance standards by reporting near misses, learning from experiences and sharing knowledge across the business.
- Transparency is actively encouraged and supported with regular health and safety meetings for all our engineers.
- We put nothing before health and safety and ensure our engineers are fully supported with high levels of technical support and clear health and safety procedures.
- Before every piece of repair work, installation and project we complete full assessments to identify hazards and mitigate risks.
- We are a registered contractor on the Safety Scheme in Procurement which gives our customers detailed information on our safety performance and ratings. We score excellently.
A very busy site in London had a large pre-booked family birthday party and we were contacted about a problem with the system controls. We discovered the main controls panel had failed but were unable to get hold of the contracted controls company to fix it. Our engineers found a way to bypass the controls and stayed on site all night on fire watch, letting the site trade until the controls panel issue was fixed.
Accreditations are the essential passport in our industry to carry out compliance and maintenance work for customers. But at DPP they mean more than a stamp of approval, they’re something we work hard at in order to be the best facilities maintenance business serving bars, restaurants and hotels. All our engineers are fully trained in the procedures and processes attached to each accreditation, so they can service, repair and install new equipment correctly and safely.
The DPP experience
Every member of the DPP team – from our directors and managers through to our engineers on the ground – is committed to delivering an excellent customer experience.
We’re guided by our values of Dependability, Proactivity and Professionalism and always go the extra mile to keep our customers’ bars, restaurants and hotels trading.
Good communication with our customers is key and we welcome feedback. It helps us to continuously improve and maintain our position as the industry-leading contractor.Customer stories