We have invested in training to make sure all our mechanical engineers are fully aware of and able to put into practice the industry safe working procedure for the isolation of electrical supplies. The course our engineers completed is underpinned by requirements laid down in the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS7671.
It is imperative operatives apply the correct isolation procedure, no matter what size of installation, to prevent injury to themselves, users or other engineers. Applying the industry standard procedure has been shown to prevent injury and reduce incidents of installations being made live whilst work is being carried out.
As a result of the course, DPP engineers can:
- Understand and identify the current regulatory requirements and documents
- Understand the need for safe isolation of electrical circuits
- Establish a safe working procedure for the isolation of electrical supplies
- Identify and use the correct tools for isolating electrical installations
- Apply the skills on realistic simulation